Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Sneeze Craze

When I was a kid, Umi used to teach me simple sunnahs like saying Alhamdulillah after sneezing. Then, the other person who hears will reply Yarhamkallah and then I should respond by enouncing Yahdikumullah. It was quite enjoying, as everytime I sneeze, Umi would answer me back. It was kinda two way communication without saying a single word – I just whoosh and I’ll hear Umi’s reply. So, one day, I was upstairs playing something, while Umi was cooking. I sneezed. I said Alhamdulillah. Then I waited for the reply. Quiet. Just the sound of some stuff being fried downstairs could be heard. ‘Alhamdulillah’, I enunciated once again. Quiet. Since there was no reply, I moved to the stairs. ‘Alhamdulillah!’ I reiterated – this time louder. Yet, Umi didn’t hear me. My voice sunk within the loud frying sound. I was lazy to walk down the stairs, so I just yelled again. ‘Alhamdulillahhh! Alhamdulillahhh! Alhamdulillahhh!’ Until I yelled almost in tears, Umi never answered me. Feeling irritated and failed to gain attention, I cried at the rails, yet, still work my best to speak out loud till Umi hears my little voice. After a while, Umi came and held her crying son up her shoulders, not knowing what had actually happened.


No comments:

Post a Comment