Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Taste Buds

Since birth, I was taught to eat on the floor. Umi once said that our holy Prophet Muhammad s.a.w used to eat on the floor; so, it is a sunnah and we should follow it because he who follows the sunnah will be rewarded a hundred times of martyr: Umi told this later when I became a grown up. In addition we also eat together in a dulang. Kids share one and parent the other one. There was one thing I was too concern about when eating. We sometimes used to share our drinks. So, when it comes to share with Umi’s, I would sip from the same spot she drinks. What does it tastes? – err…I mean, her saliva? Emm… a bit…err…a weird some taste. Abu’s? Well, almost like Umi’s – I say, the taste. They are kinda…I don’t know how to say, but it doesn’t sounds nice – I say, it’s not my flavor. The next time, when I share with them drinks, I take a glimpse on which spot on my ‘holy’ glass they nip. After all, I should only avoid that spot and drink on another. After sometime, I become used to sharing drinks without concerning anything. I said to my tongue: just ignore it and drink to the most definite pleasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment