Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Learning To Read The Holy Quran

Learning the Holy Quran was quiet a tough, but an enjoying moments. I was taught to recite Arabic alphabets since four. The red Muqaddam was the first step of learning. ‘Wassalamu’…this is the verse I should always pronounce each time I finish a lesson – it always leaves me in an eager next – time – want – to – read – some – more face.

One thing I felt eager for is to move from one lesson to another quickly. So, by six, I could already read the Quran well. In fact, I finished the whole tome within a year.

It is still vivid in mind that when I reached the point I don’t need my mum to correct me, I sit on my bed and recite the Quran by my own. Most of the time, Umi will teach me, but once in a while, Abu will take over. This is one of most things I fear when I was a kid – to confront my father. So, when it comes to reciting the Quran, I would quiver, and the worst, cry. I don’t know why, but it was inevitable.

Bis…millah…sob…sob…hirrahman…sob…sob…nirrahim… ‘Allah…belum sempat baca lagi dah nangis?’ My father used to exclaim whenever I rolled into tears. At the end of the day, I would be sent back to learn with Umi.

What a pity!

2 comments:

  1. hahahahah.....sebijik cam situasi aku masa dulu2x....‘Allah…belum sempat baca lagi dah nangis?’ .......padahal suruh eja huruf hijai'yah je....

    ReplyDelete
  2. biasa la, masa kecik2 dulu, bapak la org yg plg kita takut

    ReplyDelete